About John Lewis Broadband
In this guide
- What is John Lewis broadband?
- Our latest John Lewis offers
- Is John Lewis good?
- Why should I choose John Lewis?
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is John Lewis broadband?
The John Lewis department store chain has been offering broadband and home phone services since 2012. It has never claimed to be among the cheapest providers on the market, relying instead on its reputation for good customer service and top packages. simple flow.
John Lewis broadband is provided by Plusnet, another company that builds on its reputation for good customer service. Even though John Lewis is indeed a reseller of Plusnet’s broadband service, John Lewis’s broadband offerings are quite different. You can read more about John Lewis Broadband in our review. And if you already have John Lewis broadband and want to upgrade, there’s a guide for that as well.
Our latest John Lewis broadband offers
John Lewis Broadband + Evening and weekend calls
10MB average speed
John Lewis Fiber Broadband + Eve & Weekend Calls
36MB average speed
John Lewis Broadband + Calls anytime
10MB average speed
Compare all John Lewis broadband services
Is John Lewis Broadband Good?
John Lewis Broadband maintains a fairly straightforward broadband offering with no upfront costs. All offers come with a landline with evening and weekend calls included as standard, and there is often the promise of a free e-gift card. John Lewis Broadband does not offer a TV service or cell phone plan, preferring to keep it simple with its range of broadband and home phone plans.
- Broadband – John Lewis’ three broadband plans follow the model of most providers who use the Openreach network to provide their services. There is an ADSL plan offering average speeds of 10 Mbps and two fiber offers offering speeds of 36 Mbps and 66 Mbps. All three come with 12 month contracts.
- Phone – Evening and weekend calls are included as standard. You can also choose to add calls at any time, giving you included calls to landlines but not mobiles for an additional monthly fee. In addition, Anytime and International includes 300 minutes to 35 international destinations. On top of that you can add the Mobile Bolt-on, which gives you included calls anytime to UK mobiles.
Why should I choose John Lewis broadband?
- free e-gift card – John Lewis regularly distributes electronic gift cards with its broadband packages. Gift cards can be spent at John Lewis or Waitrose stores, or online.
- Evening and weekend calls included – All John Lewis broadband plans include an evening and weekend calling plan. It is one of the few providers to offer any type of inclusive calling plan as standard.
- No activation fees – There is no upfront charge associated with John Lewis broadband plans, unless you need to install a new phone line, in which case you will need to pay an engineer to do so. Line rental is included and there are no hidden charges to cover delivery of the router.
- Unlimited use – As with the vast majority of providers, there are no usage limits on John Lewis broadband plans.
- UK based customer service – John Lewis customer support is based in the UK and available by phone between 9am and 6pm, seven days a week. You can also manage your account through your own online portal.
- Same price wherever you live – It might not sound like a lot to say that John Lewis broadband prices are the same wherever you live in the UK, but Plusnet, the company that provides their broadband service, is not.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Broadband John Lewis
- Short 12 month contracts
- Free evening and weekend calls included as standard
- Good UK based customer service
- No activation fees
- May be more expensive than other providers with similar plans
- No option to bundle broadband with television
Frequently Asked Questions
What is John Lewis broadband?
John Lewis Broadband is provided by Plusnet, another company that builds on its reputation for good customer service. Although he is effectively a reseller of Plusnet’s broadband service, John Lewis Broadband’s offering is quite different.
How long will it take to switch to John Lewis Broadband?
In most cases, it takes 10 to 12 days to switch your broadband to John Lewis. There should be no disruption to your service as you will continue to have broadband from your old provider until you switch to John Lewis.
How do I get in touch with John Lewis Broadband?
You can call the UK-based John Lewis Broadband customer service team on 0800 022 3300 between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm, seven days a week. Or ask a question using your online account and you can expect a response within 24 hours. If you have an issue to raise with your provider, our guide offers step-by-step instructions on how to file a complaint.
Should I tell my old supplier that I am moving to John Lewis?
If you are switching from another provider that uses the Openreach network, which is most of them, then no. All you need to do is place an order and John Lewis will notify your former supplier on your behalf. If you switch from Virgin Media, you will have to let them know yourself because you will be switching to a completely different broadband network.
Can I keep my phone number?
In most cases, you should be able to keep your existing number when you change your number, but sometimes that isn’t possible for some reason. John Lewis Broadband will notify you before changing if you cannot keep your current number.
Back to offers